The Carp Society office will remain open for calls and collections on a part time basis (9am - 12 midday monday to friday) but please do not visit the office in person unless pre arranged to collect items.
Horseshoe Lake will be open to permit holders only - as per government guidelines/restrictions on travel & no night fishing is permitted (permit holders will need to text Karl before arriving to arrange handover of their key for the new gate card system)
Farriers Lake will be open to permit holders - as per government guidelines/restrictions on travel & no night fishing is permitted (please refer to the Farriers members facebook group for more info)
Following the recent updates from The Angling Trust regarding fishing during the current lockdown, The updates on fishing being permitted (with restrictions) can be viewed below. It is imperative that anglers adhere to the guidance in place. Anglers should use their common sense alongside the rules presented.
Whilst we (The Carp Society) support the Angling Trust through club affiliation, anglers are encouraged to join and support the AT.
All permit forms must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo - this must be done 48 hours before you wish to start fishing the lake to allow us time to process.
Once we have your form, photo and payment you can arrange to collect your card. Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions of the permit and comment about closure.
Horseshoe Lake Day ticket anglers:
Carp Society members may purchase day tickets for Horseshoe Lake Monday - Friday only (no weekend access) fishing is permitted between the hours 8am - 5pm
(under the current government rules please adhere to local travel only & no over ngiht fishing)
To buy a day ticket
- Please phone the office 01367 253959 between 9am - 12 midday to purchase your ticket (ideally the day before, or friday for monday access)
- Fishing is only permitted between the hours 8am - 5pm
- Payment will be taken by card over the phone and arrange a time to gain access (fishing hours permitted above)
- On arrival report to the main entrance (now next to the trout fishery) and press the intercom to gain access. exit by 5pm as stated above you will need to press the intercom to exit the lake.
Fishing Farriers Lake:
- The lake will remain open under the current guidelines (see Angling Trust Guidance above)
- No guests permitted under any circumstances until further notice
- ONE angler per swim only
Fishing Little Farriers Lake:
- (to be confirmed)